Last edition of the Halflink for 2019 including the minutes from the 2019 AGM.
Harp Hilly Hundred 2020
Next years Harp Hilly Hundred will be on Sunday 19th January, the same weekend in January as it was this year. We are again the second event in the Chilterns Classics series with the Westerley Winter Warmer scheduled for the weekend before. Online entry through RiderHQ will open during the first week in December. There will be the traditional pre HHH get together on the preceding Sunday, details to be circulated nearer the time.
2020 Club Runs
We are planning to start the usual monthly clubs runs for 2020 in early March if the weather is conducive. Details will be emailed to club members.
Usual day for the monthly club runs is mid-month on a Wednesday but anyone is free to organise additional club runs and on a different day of the week if so desired.
Minutes of Harp Road Club AGM held on Wednesday October 23rd 2019 @ Blackwells, 10 Common Lane, Chipperfield, Kings Langley, WD4 9BS
Present : Mick Clark (Secretary), Pete Coombs (Chair), Richard Hutt (HHH Organiser), Graham Holdstock (Treasurer), Dave Pratchett, Richard Thwaites, Dave Le Fevre, Den Fletcher, John 'Wally' Warren, Bob Degavino, Mick Konopacki.
Apologies received from Andy Hutt, Phil Corley (President), Jim Williams, Malcolm & Alison Putman, David & Thomas Holdstock.
Meeting commenced at 14.20 hrs
1) Minutes of 2018 AGM, Read & approved with no matters arising.
2) Review of 2019. Pete presented a written report mentioning the successful HHH and the charities we supported, well supported club runs from a variety of venues and racing results. Report approved.
3) Financial Report. Harp RC has 20 members however there was a small deficit in the current year due to an increase in expenditure for club lunches. Graham advised the matter of providing a copy of the club's constitution to our bankers had not been resolved as the draft wording had to be finalised. There are three options, call an EGM to discuss, e-mail all members with the wording or Chair & Secretary to agree the wording and adopt on Clubs behalf. General consensus was in favour of the third option.
4) Affiliation for 2020. CTT membership confirmed and Secretary would check with Jim Williams about his involvement with WLC.
5) Promotions & Organisers 2020. Richard is willing to continue organising the Harp Hilly Hundred with the full assistance of members.
6) Appointments of Officers& Committee 2020. All previously appointed officers are willing to stand again.
7) Appointment of Auditor. Mr. J.W.Keighley is willing to continue in this role.
8) Charity Donation(s) for 2020. There were several good causes put forward by members, MacMillan, reading books for underprivileged children and one dear to our Chair's heart which although isn't a registered charity is 'Help Charlie Walk' concerning one of the family whose 11 year old son isn't supported financially and any monies raised would assist with everyday living together with funds for treatment in America. Any final decision will be made in January before HHH.
9) A.O.B. Bob Degavino brought a road jersey along with the club's name printed on the back and would check out the cost involved. Richard will also check with Force GB to see how much it would cost to do the same. Richard also advised the racing hats should be available second week in November. Pete is organising a mid-week social lunch with partners in the Stevenage area, details of which have been sent to all members. Alistair Cunningham who joined us for monthly rides has joined the club.
There being no other business, the meeting closed at 14.55 hrs.